Many people want maximum exposure for their social media posts. But not so many know how to achieve it. That is where tags come in. If you are looking for your Instagram posts to reach more users, you need to learn how to optimise your use of Instagram tags.
But again, not many people know how to do so. Sure, you may be @mentioning an account name, but that is still not tagging. And it’s also not enough. There are significant outstanding differences between the two. One is who can tag. Only the content originator can tag other users, but with @mentioning, anyone else can do so.
This article discusses a step-by-step guide to using different Instagram tags. And we will also look at why it is essential to use all of them at the opportune moments.
How to tag others on an Instagram feed post
You must understand whom to tag. If you keep tagging irrelevant people or brands on your posts, it is easy to flag you for spam. Suppose that happens, you may never get the Instagram success you wanted so badly. With that said, you should only tag people who in posts they appear. Now let’s get back to the step-by-step guide.
How to put tags for a new post;
- The first step is to prepare your new post as usual. You can pick a video or a photo.
- On the caption screen, look for the option of Tag People.
- For an image, tap on it.
- A popup box will appear, and you can search for the person you want to tag.
- A list will appear, and you can choose the account of the person you want.
- Now that you have the tag choose a strategic position for it.
- You can move the tag around the screen to the position you want.
- To add another person, tap on the image again and repeat the steps until you reach the maximum tags, which is 20.
- If you chose to post a video, you could also click on the tag people option.
- You can now choose the people to tag, and the tags will appear below the video
How to put tags on old posts
You may not like a tag you put on a previous post. Or perhaps you didn’t put any, and you want to add some. Well, you can do that as well.
- Search for the content you want to tag others in.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three lines icon.
- Look at the popup option for edit and tap on it.
- The gag people option will appear on the left corner of the image, tap on it.
- Repeat the same steps for tagging, and save changes
Well, you can do more than just tag people on your posts. There are more types of Instagram tags that can prove useful. You can use the same steps for tagging locations, but instead of tapping on the tag people option, you tap on the tag location option and search for the place you want to tag.
The location tag is important because when people search for the location, you or your business may appear in the search. That is a great way to ensure that more people view your posts. And another great way to use tags is product tagging. You can start by setting up a store with Instagram shopping. Product tags give you a chance to let people discover your products and that they have the option to buy them.
Instagram tags are a fantastic way to get the exposure that you and your business needs. Use the tags sparingly and wisely. If used strategically, you can make the most out of it.